Rožnov pod Radhoštěm, Brno
We are searching for an energetic and experienced Linux engineer to join our Global IT team supporting onsemi design centers around the world. Members of this highly visible team provide direct support to product development engineers who are using Linux servers. They monitor the enterprise infrastructure and ensure highest level of availability and optimum performance. They also work on projects and initiatives to continuously improve the overall design environment. This position will have the following criteria:
What will be your main responsibilities in the role?
- provides support to customers running RedHat Enterprise Linux on their terminal and simulation servers
- provides support of Product Development infrastructure servers
- supports local and remote offices worldwide, EMEA region is primary zone
- performs hardware installs and refreshes
- performs testing and installs operating system and upgrades
- cooperates with other IT and Application teams within the company to deliver most suitable solution to users
- maintains UNIX infrastructure environment at onsemi data centers around the world
- coordinates the installation, configuration and maintenance of Linux server equipment, storage and back-up systems as well as terminal servers
What about you?
- technical master degree
- minimum 5 years of experience providing Linux RedHat systems administration support
- good knowledge of NIS/YP, NTP, CUPS, IPTABLES, SAMBA, SSH, BASH, AUTOFS, NFS at administration level
- knowledge of LSF, RedHat Kickstart, KVM virtualization, Cisco switches management and NetApp storage management is a plus
- shell scripting and/or Perl scripting experience
- good communication skills, team spirit and ability to work with a diversified user community
- fluent in verbal and written English
- ability to travel to remote offices when needed
Why should you join us?
- Vacation: A full-time employee is entitled to 25 days a year.
- Sick Days: The employee is entitled to an additional 3 days off (70% paid) for acute illness, without doctor’s certificate (only for employees with a contract beginning at the latest the first working day in the given year or after one year).
- Bridge Days: When the public holiday takes place on a weekend day, the employee is free to take up this day whenever he prefers within the calendar year. This is applicable to employees with flexible working hours, with a contract beginning at the latest the first working day in the given year (or after one year).
- Working hours: Shorter work week and flexible working hours.
- Commuting support: Company covers part of the costs of commuting in amount approx. 500 CZK/month for those who commuting less than 10 Km. Employee contributes 3 CZK/Km (1,5 CZK/Km to and 1,5 CZK/Km from work) if employee commutes more than 10 Km.
- Meal Subsidy: Company canteen and meal subsidy on an average of 70 CZK per lunch taken in the company canteen or meal subsidy in value of 60 CZK (acceptable in external restaurants).
- Accommodation support: For employees who decided to relocate from a different region, the company contributes to home rent during the first four years of employment or the company contributes to mortgage payments for those who decided to buy their home.
- Sports and Cultural Activities Support: The employee receives an annual contribution for culture and sports activities of approximately 2000 CZK per employee per year. The employee becomes eligible after the probation period.
- Children recreation: The employee receives an annual contribution for children recreation of max 1000 CZK per child per year. The employee becomes eligible after the probation period.
- English: You will have a chance to attend company English language courses and utilize your knowledge at your daily job.
- Afterwork: Teambuilding and free time activities for our employees and their families are highly supported.
- Parking: Lots for cars as well as for bikes.
- Involvement: Opportunity to enjoy new projects, innovations and improvements.
- Learning & Development: self-development and wide range of training possibilities.
- Stability: A stable job and enjoyable working atmosphere in dynamic team.
For the complete summary of the company benefits please see the link HERE.
Jak probíhá výběrové řízení
Při výběrovém řízení klademe důraz především na odborné a jazykové znalosti, které uchazeči o zaměstnání získali během studií a předchozí praxe. Podstatným kritériem výběru je pro nás také osobnostní hledisko. Během pohovoru se setkáte se zástupcem personálního oddělení a vedoucím, který danou pracovní pozici ve svém týmu obsazuje. Společně se snažíme vytvořit přátelskou a neformální atmosféru. Vybraná výběrová řízení mohou být i vícekolová. Uplatnění u nás najdou jak zkušení uchazeči, tak absolventi středních a vysokých škol.
Zuzana Kozlová, recruiter
+420 605 842 281, firstname.lastname@example.org